The Department of Transport and Public Works will be recruiting Traffic Students for the completion of a Traffic Diploma. This is a twelve (12) month training course which will commence on 21 August 2018 at the Gene Louw College (GLTC), Brackenfell.
Transport and Public Works Student Intake For Provincial Inspector
Should vacant funded Provincial Inspector posts exist after obtaining the Traffic Diploma and be considered for filling, individuals may be offered permanent employment against such posts at one of the Provincial Traffic Centres.
The various Traffic Centres are as follows:
- Laingsburg and
You may select only one Centre of preference closest to your residential area in the application questions.
Provincial Traffic Law Enforcement provides a 24/7 traffic law enforcement service, therefore after appointment candidates will be expected to work shifts including Public holidays and Sundays and be willing to work additional hours, if required;
Successful candidates must obtain their own accommodation while attending at GLTC, Brackenfell;
Students will be subject to the code of conduct of the College as well as competency requirements of the College; Students will be required to undergo extensive physical training, whilst at the College.
- A Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification;
- Valid motor vehicle license (manual) code B;
- Applicant must be physically fit, pregnant persons will not be considered as physical tasks during recruitment and subsequent training may pose a threat to the unborn child and/or mother;
- Visible tattoos and body piercings (except females with one piercing in each ear) will disqualify an applicant as this will not compliment uniformity in a uniform wearing environment;
- No criminal record;
- Candidates must qualify for appointment as an Authorized Officer and for the appointment as Peace Officer in terms of the Criminal Procedure Act 51 of 1977;
- Well versed with the home language of the majority of residents in a specific area where the successful incumbents will be appointed;
- Candidates reserved for shortlisting will be subject to undergo fingerprint checks by the SAPS and will be required to undergo the following tests: interview, knowledge test, fitness, driving test and a medical test as proof that the reserved candidates may do strenuous exercise;
- Applicants must be resident in the immediate vicinity of their selected traffic centres, if appointed afterwards.
- One year or more driving experience will be an advantage;
- Candidates younger than 35 years of age will receive preference as these positions are targeted at the youth of the province.
Student Intake: Provincial Inspector (Various Traffic Centres), Ref No. TPW 2018-163
Department Transport and Public Works
Salary level N/A
Enquiries Mr C Nyman at 021 983 1500
Job Type Temporary
Location – Country South Africa
Location – Province Western Cape
Location – Town / City Vredendal, Vredenburg, Mosselbay, Knysna, Laingsburg and Oudtshoorn
Job Purpose TRAFFIC DIPLOMA: