The Road Accident Fund is contributing to road safety and youth employment through a program to build a cadre of young professional drivers for the freight and public transport industry in South Africa. Collaborating with the National Youth Development Agency, South African Youth Council and other youth formations, the RAF invites Youth of all races and gender to apply for acceptance into the 2017/18 intake.
The training will be conducted only in specific areas within the provinces of Western Cape, Northern Cape, Mpumalanga, Limpopo, North West and as such it is important that candidates are based there. RAF only accepts code 10 and 14.
Brought to you by the Road Accident Fund’s Road Safety Division in association with NYDA, Kasi Road Safety & SASSA.
The applicants must meet the following criteria
- Must be between the ages of 23 and 34
- Must have passed matric and have a Certificate
- Must have no criminal record
- Must be medically fit to drive heavy vehicles
- Must be unemployed and not studying fulltime
The following must accompany the application
- Certified ID copy and matric certificate
- Proof of residence (Municipal water and lights statement of the parents or a stamped letter from the Local Councilor or Traditional Authority )
- Strictly one page motivation stating your future goals and how obtaining a code 10/14 driver’s license and Professional Drivers Permit will assist you in building a career as a professional driver
- Strictly one page CV
How to apply
Send your application to: Driverdevelopment@raf.co.za
RAF’s Road Safety Division – Building a cadre of safe professional drivers