The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed youth who conform to the requirements for a twelve-month internship programme.
Division: Supply Chain Management
The internship programme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Must be between ages 18 – 35
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or equivalent qualification
- Must have no criminal record
- Applicants must be unemployed and never participated in an internship programme previously
- Applicants must be residents of the province where the post is advertised
- Applicants are restricted to apply for 3 positions only
SAPS Provisioning Administration Intern
Be in possession of a Diploma/Degree in:
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Administration
- Determine replenishment quantities and obtain reprint authorisation, financial authority and procurement
- Issue purchase order
- Receive, store and issue stationery to stations
- Assist with stock taking
- Work on PAS System
- Sundries Store, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref. No. SCM8
- Stationery Store, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref. No. SCM9
- Clothing & Distribution, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref. No. SCM10
- Asset Management, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref. No. SCM11
- Demand Management, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref. No. SCM12
- Contract Management, Silverton, Pretoria, Gauteng – Ref. No. SCM14
- Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on DPSA website and at all Provincial SAPS Garages) will be accepted.
- All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
- Applicants will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- The closing date for all applications is 18 August 2017 at 16:00.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof. A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, Human Resource Management, Private Bag X254, Pretoria, 0001 (For the attention of Col Maharaj)
APPLICATIONS HAND DELIVERED:
The Divisional Commissioner: SCM, 117 Cresswell Road (cor Cresswell and Pretoria Road), Silverton, Pretoria (Main entrance to A-Block) (For the attention of Col Maharaj)