The CAD designer is responsible supporting the merch teams by cadding up from scratch garments within your relevant department. A core responsibility will be the design of tech packs which are sent through to our suppliers / manufacturers. There will be opportunities to assist the team with generating of visually accurate story boards for the Buyers to present at reviews to senior management.
The minimum requirements for this role will include the following:
· A completed Fashion Design degree / diploma
· At least 6 month relevant industry Clothing design experience preferably working for an Apparel Supplier or manufacturer
· Experience creating tech packs with all garment technical details including construction, size specification guide and fabric and trim specifications is required.
· Proficient on the Adobe Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and preferably proficient on a MAC
· An understanding of garment construction, fabrics
A little about us:
mrp people don’t just think outside the box. They throw the box out the door and set their creativity and problem-solving abilities free. Added to the mix is the natural ability to build relationships and a passion for the retail – and it’s not hard to see why we’re at the top of our game.
Passion, value and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match for the Mr Price Group.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer.
Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; Sheet Street and mrpmoney.
We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
mrp is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.