The Baxter Theatre Centre seeks to appoint eight barmen/bar ladies on an ad-hoc basis for appointment commencing 5 September 2016.
The successful candidates will assist in barman duties and provide excellent customer service to the Baxter’s patrons.
- A matric certificate or an equivalent qualification.
- A friendly disposition coupled with sound interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in English and at least one other official language.
- The ability to work well under pressure, both as part of a team and independently.
- Alertness and the ability to think quickly in an emergency.
- A strong sense of customer service.
- Electronic Point of Sale experience.
- A year’s work experience preferably in either the hospitality or retail industry would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver friendly, efficient customer service to patrons and staff at the Baxter Theatre Centre at all times.
- Controlling and accounting for stock.
- To serve beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, quickly and efficiently.
- Processing orders and sales on the electronic point of sale system.
- Assisting, maintaining and cleaning the bar equipment and service areas.
- Adhering at all times to the Liquor Act of the Western Cape.
- Reconciling day-end sales and cash transactions.
- Adhering to the standard code of conduct of the Baxter Theatre Bar.
The rate of pay per hour is R33.59
Closing date: 21 August 2016