Closing Date: 29 July 2016
Absa CIB is looking for newly qualified financial specialists with enthusiasm, drive and passion to join their product control team for a 1 year learnership program.
The overall purpose of the Job is the day to day production of various tasks within the Product Contol Group (PCG) team which carries out the following:
- Accounting – posting to the General Ledger accurate and timely information
- Substantiation of the trading balance sheet – ensuring the full trading balance sheet can be substantiated
- Regulatory reporting alignment – ensuring the Balance Sheet is aligned to reports to regulators
- Data Ownership – ensuring the quality and accuracy of the data going downstream to other infrastructure areas
- Controls – Execution of key controls
- P&L – BAU tasks in the finalisation of P&L
- In the process of production focus is needed on:
- Reporting – ensuring reporting is accurate and timely
- Control – Continue to implement the on-going control environment and report any deficiencies or issues to managers.
Accountability P&L production and BS substantiation
- Understanding of products traded on the desks
- Understanding of the risk and P&L drivers for the products coupled with the awareness of external markets and changes in market parameters.
- The ability to build working relationships with the traders and other infrastructure units
- Thoroughness, rigor and attention to detail with regard to products, processes and controls
- The capacity to work under pressure
- Daily P&L production for various portfolios
- Production of consolidated financial information for FO and Finance Management
- Production for daily/weekly/monthly P&L and balance sheet commentary
- Production for the Monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations to the general ledger
- Oversee existing processes and controls ensuring best practice across finance
- Interact with other infrastructure areas, specifically Operations and Financial Control, for issue resolutions Field various ad hoc requests
Interaction with key stakeholders
- Interaction with various areas across the Absa and Barclays Group in order to obtain and understanding of the impact these areas have on Product Control as well as providing both formal reporting as well as ad hoc query resolution to these areas.
- Areas include:
- Absa CIB Finance, including Financial Control, Balance Sheet Control and Financial Decision Support.
- Absa CIB Front Office, including head of Markets;
- Absa CIB Capital Management
- Absa/Barclays Product Control
Education and Experience Required
- B degree/similar qualification in a financial/related discipline
- Initiated studies towards CA(SA), CIMA, CFA would be an advantage.