Reference Number: MET/14/06/2016
Health4Men – Johannesburg – Permanent
The Anova Health Institute is a leading partner in capacity building and the provision of technical support to the South African Department of Health (DoH). The Health4Men Initiative is one of Anova’s key populations project. The project addressed the sexual needs of gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) in the context of HIV.
Health4Men is looking for a driven, creative, and hard-working individual for the role of MSM Outreach Team Leader. The purpose of the role will be to co-ordinate Community Outreach activities that are conducted by Health4Men in collaboration with community stakeholders. These events will be targeted at gay men and other MSM and will be focused on health awareness and HIV testing and linkage to care. Community stakeholders will include community-based organisations and informal groups of gay men and other MSM.
Summary of key performance actions:
- Continuously identify and partner with Community Based Organisations (CBO’s) that serve gay men and other MSM
- Continuously identify and partner with gay and MSM community groups that hold events for gay men and MSM
- Coordinate Community Outreach activities conducted in collaboration with community based organizations and community groups
- Liaise with external stakeholders, i.e. Government departments, District and sub-district and CBOs
- Write regular progress reports
- At least have Grade 12 / Matric qualification
- Basic knowledge on HIV/STI/TB information
- Solid outreach or community mobilisation experience
- Able to travel extensively and work flexible hours
- Driver’s license
- Computer literate, especially in MS Office
Candidates with previous experience working with LGBT community based organizations, and candidates who have large personal networks of gay men and other MSM will be at an advantage in this application process.
Interested persons should submit their CVs and application letter to Lukhanyiso Manganyi on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reference number and position for a quicker response in your subject line.
Closing date: 15 July 2016