When opportunities arise, we invite quality driven candidates to apply for available positions. They are looking for an intern for a 12 month contract which includes a Salary Range (differentiated according to the level of qualification): R 6070- R 8050.
NMISA is a Type 3A Public Entity established in accordance with the Measurement Unit and Measurement Standards Act, No. 18 of 2006 (the Act). NMISA is mandated by the Act to provide for the use of the international system of units (the SI) and other measurement units in South Africa, to maintain national measurement standards (NMS) and to determine and ensure the comparability of the NMS. More information can be obtained from [URL Disabled].
Purpose of Role:
- To receive training on Administrative support role and provide support to the department and perform tasks as required by the organisation
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle general administrative duties which include diary management, filing, screening calls, handle enquiries, take messages and managing emails
- General typing and formatting of documents and preparation of presentations, and preparing document packs for meetings
- Minute-taking at meetings
- Manage communication – faxes, distributing post and photocopying of documents
- Coordinate travel, car hire, visa applications and accommodation arrangements for international and local travel
- Planning and organising of and visits with internal and external clients, and liaise and co-ordinate with marketing and events team to arrange off-sites functions (venues, invites, agendas and equipment)
- Booking and maintenance of the boardroom and meeting room areas
- Various ad-hoc responsibilities within the CEO‘s office Procurement
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge and Experience
- A 3 year diploma or a degree in office management / secretarial qualification
- Higher qualification would be an advantage
- Competent in the MS Office Suite and MS Outlook
- Ability to prioritise work and urgent matters and effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent typing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle confidentiality
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analysing, quality and detailed orientation and report writing skills
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and very detail conscious, dependable and will act in an understanding and helpful manner while performing tasks associated with the position.
The position also requires being honest and ethical, being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Closing Date: 04 July 2016