Rand Water invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill a Laboratory Assistant vacancy in the Chemistry Section of the Analytical Services Department within the Scientific Services Division at Vereeniging. The overall responsibility of the successful candidate will be to perform general cleaning task and sample bottle preparation as required for analysis in the Chemistry Section.
Rand Water is the largest utility in Southern Africa, providing bulk drinking water to a population that has grown to an estimated 12 million in Gauteng, parts of Mpumalanga, Free State and the North West Provinces.
- Collection of samples from the cooler room after being sampled.
- Filtration and distribution of samples to respective areas.
- Scanning and receiving of sample bottles from cooler room, into laboratory.
- Perform basic analytical tests (DO, pH etc.).
- Collection and disposing of hazardous chemicals.
- Cleaning of laboratory glassware and assist with laboratory cleaning JOB
- Grade 10-12 or NQF3/4.
- Experience in cleaning, washing and preparing of equipment and glassware according to procedures.
- Technically orientated and able to follow written instructions accurately.
- Basic understanding of general laboratory and quality procedures.
- Basic understanding of SHEQ procedures
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Timely work out put.
- Ability to prioritise and plan.
- Ability to follow procedures accurately.
- Basic computer literacy