Sasol is a South African -based international integrated energy and chemical company that has been in existence since 1950. They are one of the largest investors in skills development, capital projects, and technological research and development. Sasol is listed on the JSE Limited in South Africa and on the New York Stock Exchange in the US.
Every year Sasol offers multiple learnerships in a variety of fields:
- Chemical Plant Operations;
- Electrical operations;
- Instrumentation and Control;
These learnerships can lead to career opportunities in the following fields:
Artisan, Senior Artisan, Specialist Artisan, Master Artisan, Technician, Technologist, Engineer, Foreman, Area Manager, Operations/Maintenance Manager, Learning Practitioner (LP), Principal LP, Learning Manager, Senior Learning Manager.
The aim of Sasol in providing the learnership opportunities is to give candidates from designated groups, specifically as per Sasol’s Employment Equity targets, priority. It is an opportunity for successful individuals to enter the workforce.
Sasol Learnerships General Requirements
There are certain requirements for being accepted into these Sasol learnerships:
- You must have passed Grade 12 English;
- You need Grade 12 Physical Science HG/SG (Not including Life Sciences, Science Literacy, Functional Science, Natural Science and General Science);
- You need Grade 12 with Maths HG/SG (Not including Maths Literacy, Additional Maths, Functional Maths, Commercial Maths, Applied Maths)
- You must have an N3 Certificate with Business English, Engineering Science, Maths, and any 2 subjects passed (total of 5 subjects);
- Good communication skills;
- You must be able to speak, read and write English;
- All further information will be given to you when you apply, depending on which learnership you apply for.
Sasol also offers learnerships in the following areas:
Human Resources (Secunda Area)
Finance (Secunda & Sasolburg Area)
Supply Chain: Logistics (Secunda & Sasolburg Area)
Sasol encourages individuals living with disabilities or a disability to apply.
The successful candidates will be offered a place on a 1 to 2 year on-the-job training internship, and WIL programme with Sasol, in order to gain experience in their respective fields of interest or study.
SASOL Learnerships for Female Driver
Requirements and Brief to Sasol Learnerships
- National certificate in professional driving-NQF Level 3, SAQA ID 50285;
- This is outcomes-based learning, and the learnership is based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider;
- Learners will be trained and developed to become qualified drivers according to the requirements of the Transport Education and Training Authority (TETA) for a Code EC Dangerous Goods Driver. You will also receive training in core skills and safety standards related to the specific trade;
- All learnerships must include theoretical as well as a practical training, which means that you will receive some of your training in a classroom-type atmosphere and some of it will be practical on-the-job training, where you will be taught how and will actually have to perform some of the tasks that you will be expected to do in that particular job.
Visit Sasol Career website