Centre: Rahima Moosa Nursing College
Salary: R 142 461 per annum (plus benefits)
Closing Date: 2016/07/01 12:00:00 AM
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification. Diploma/Degree in Library Information Science.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in provision of library services.
- Have good knowledge of library systems: LIBWIN or URICA or SYMPHONY, circulation desk, cataloguing systems (DDC). Strong computer Literacy (Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Knowledge of library policies.
- Good Communication (verbal & written), organisational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Valid code 8 (manual) driver`s licence.
Provision of library and information services: Acquisition, selection, arrangement, preservation, indexing and making available of literature and other material in accordance with professional principles. Control of library assets and stock. Library orientation of students and new staff members. Assistance with research activities of the students and college projects. Management of study centre. Management of use of library photocopy machine. Marketing of the library, including book exhibitions, open day, pamphlets and newsletters. General administration of the library. Physical processing of library materials. Dealing with telephonic queries. Circulation of journals and other relevant materials to staff members. Attending library related meetings. Adhere to regular reporting requirements by preparing, analyzing and Submitting library monthly and quarterly reports. Conducting library stocktaking. Needs assessment related to library requirements and/or information systems. Successful candidate will be subjected to Medical surveillance.
Notes: All applications must be submitted on Z83 form, certified copies of qualifications, curriculum vitae (CV) certified ID copy and drivers licence delivered to: Rahima Moosa Nursing College, Fuel & Riversdale Road Gate 4, Coronationville, 2093. Human Resource Department. All applications must be submitted on Z83 form, certified copies of qualifications,curriculum vitae (CV) certified ID copy and drivers licence delivered to: Rahima Moosa Nursing College, Fuel &Riversdale Road Gate 4, Coronationville, 2093 Human Resource Department. 2109 or apply online at: www.gautengonline.gov.za Enquiries: Mr. N.J. Machaba ,Tel No:(011) 247- 3300