Shopite is looking for a Trainee Operator to assist senior operations staff in the day-to-day operation of the organization’s computer room / bridge, including data centre facility and infrastructure monitoring, production schedule monitoring, availability and performance monitoring and incident handling. This pportunity is based in Cape Town.
- To ensure that organisation’s data centre facilities and IT infrastructure are operated according to organization policies and procedures.
- To ensure that organisation’s computer systems are operated according to organisation policies and procedures.
- To ensure that production jobs are run and completed on schedule and in accordance with service level requirements.
- To ensure that organisation’s data is backed-up in line with business continuity policies and practices.
- Matriculation Certificate with Higher Grade Mathematics and Science
- CompTIA A+
- 0 months experience (given sufficient prior training, e.g. completed Learnership, in the appropriate technology)
- Must be able and willing to work shifts (24x7x8 rotating shift plan)
- Own transport preferably
- Displays a responsible attitude to following procedures, keeping records, and caring for equipment and other assets
- Is familiar with the installed hardware and software and the procedures in use in the Computer Operations area.• Demonstrates good communication skills with experience of dealing with users, other staff and suppliers
Applicant must be
- Aware of ICT environment
- Familiar with Operating Systems
- Working with people
- Learning and researching
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations