Personal Assistant at Guard Risk
Personal Assistant (2 Months Temp) (#19783) at Momentum Retail
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The core businesses of MMI are long and short-term insurance, asset management, savings, investment, health care administration and employee benefits. These product and service solutions are provided to all market segments through operating brands Metropolitan and Momentum.
Known for its entrepreneurial spirit and culture, Momentum is one of the most aspirational brands in South Africa. Originally established in 1966, Momentum has grown over the years to become one of the most recognised financial services brands in South Africa for wealth creation and preservation.
The Momentum brand is known for satisfying the wealth creation and preservation, insurance and income needs of middle and upper income clients through their deep understanding of the retail insurance, savings and investment market in South Africa.
WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO DO
The role is to provide a strict, confidential, and high quality personal assistance and administrative support to the abovementioned individuals and their respective teams. Be a team coordinator, manage their work load, assist them in their tasks on hand and act as gatekeeper. Provide comprehensive administrative support to relevant teams to ensure a smooth operation of the business, this includes assisting with special projects to improve operational efficiency.
THE WORK YOU NEED TO DELIVER
- To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administration services.
- To maintain and organise the business unit heads’ diaries, filing systems and all other relevant areas as necessary including travel arrangements.
- To facilitate meetings, schedule debriefing meetings so that follow up action can be implemented. Also by arranging refreshments, seating and taking minutes if required to do so.
- To respond to internal and external stakeholder queries in a timely and professional manner, both orally and in writing.
- Identify, anticipate and prepare information required for meetings, appointments and presentations.
- Answer, screen, handle and direct calls.
- To liaise positively and professionally with colleagues and visitors.
- Commit to working proactively to support both the team and project output.
- To be amiable, professional and approachable at all times.
- Managing respective team budgets on a monthly basis and timeous processing of payments on the procurement system.
- Plan and manage events according to specifications (including team functions and conferences) and where needed, apply creative thinking in the execution thereof.
- Be in touch with and ensure general wellbeing of staff.
- Submit monthly reports for the teams as per agreed specifications.
- Successful running of the office (i.e. stationery, birthdays, gifts, decorations, ensuring all equipment is working, onboarding of new staff, building incidents, etc.)
- Carrying out of personal errands when required.
- Ensuring PA collaboration across the division and an active team member of the relevant teams.
WHAT COMPETENCIES YOU’LL REQUIRE
- Organising and executing
- Resilience and adaptability
- Analysing and interpreting
- Supporting and cooperating
- Leading and deciding
- Client orientation
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Secretarial or equivalent
- Grade 12/Matric
- Minimum 3 – 5 years previous experience in a team coordinator/PA/Admin role; experience in diary management, travel arrangement and good telephone and personal etiquette.
- Understanding of confidentiality.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office suite.
WHERE YOU WILL WORK
If you get this position, you’ll work in our head office in Centurion, which is where the Client Solutions department of our Momentum Retail division unit is based.