With a view to enabling skills development and aiding in the employability of the South African youth, Telkom is providing 125 learnerships within the Consumer and Small Business unit.Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to participate in a Learnership Programme, which, upon successful completion, will lead to the awarding of a National Certificate: Wholesale & Retail Operations (NQF Level 3) in various political provinces. The learnership programme is offered for a period of 12 months and participants will be paid a monthly allowance during this period. The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not be limited to complying with the requirements of the learnership, inclusive of its terms and conditions as guided by the Sectoral Determination on Learnerships.
As the leading communications services provider in South Africa, Telkom’s network is the backbone that connects most South African’s daily.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- Matric certificate or equivalent
- Must currently be unemployed
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Be fully conversant in English
- Technology savvy, i.e. know the various technologies used for communicating
- Computer Literacy and Sales Experience will be an added advantage
- South African citizen
Applicants should NOT have: (i) a post Matric qualification (diploma/B degree); (ii) participated in any wholesale & retail learnership before.
Skills and Competencies
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Problem solver
- PC literate
- Efficient in interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building rapport with a diverse range of people (customers).
- Technical skills
How to apply