nglo American Platinum has Millwright Learnerships opportunities available at the following Anglo American Platinum Operations: Rustenburg Processes (Waterval Smelter and PMR); Amandelbult Processes & Mogalakwena Processes.
The successful Candidates will be afforded an opportunity to enrol in an Unemployed (18.2) Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification as a qualified Artisan.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Minimum 40% pass), Physical Science will be an added advantage, or,
- N2 with 4/5 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (Added advantage), or,
- NCV Level – 3 in appropriate trade
Trade Test Requirements:
A minimum of N2 Subjects/ certificate with the five applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Engineering Science;
- Electrical Trade Theory;
- Fitting Trade Theory;
- Industrial Electronics or Engineering Drawings
The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to perform as required and obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying.
Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 subjects for the trade.
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable;
- Must be a South African Citizen;
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness, and
- Selection of Candidates will be based upon the Anglo American Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
How to apply
Closing date is 09 June 2016. Click here to apply online