Two-year contract available to the successful candidate qualifying for a Financial Management Internship.
• A relevant 3-year B degree or national diploma with Financial Management, Management Accounting, Local Government Finance or Financial Accounting as major subject in the final year
• Sound written and verbal communication skills in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape (English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer Literacy
• Commitment to continuous career growth and learning.
• Practical experience
• Advances skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• The intern must work for the Council as part of the learning process
• Be available for and participate in all learning and work experience required by the internship
• Comply with the work place policies and procedures of the Council
• Complete any daily logs or any written assessment tools supplied by council to record relevant workplace experience
• Attend all study period and theoretical learning sessions, also after hours (evenings and Saturdays) with the education and training provider
• Undertake all learning conscientiously and maintain profession portfolio of evidence in accordance with the guidelines.
Preference will be given to applications within the Stellenbosch Municipal Area.
Salary: All-inclusive package of R9 000 per month
Closing Date: 16 May 2016