Fellowship Applicants need to be able to show a track record of leadership or being entrepreneurially minded. The Foundation’s framework to measure this as follows:
Closing Date: 31 August 2016
- Achievement Excellence: The ongoing pursuit of excellence with tangible and specific focus on setting goals. A motivation to make a difference and leave a mark.
- Intellectual Imagination: Demonstrated by an established record of intellectual achievement; an ability to see the unseen, challenge the status quo and suggest that things could be done differently.
- Courageous Commitment: The courage and dedication to continue, realising that applying consistent commitment has a way of overcoming.
- Spirit of Significance: A weight of personality that comes from living a life personified by passion and integrity.
- Personal Initiative: A person who makes things happen and celebrates the satisfaction of bringing new things into being. Independent, proactive and self-starting
Apart from being entrepreneurially minded, there are a couple of mandatory academic requirements that applicants need to fulfill:
1st Year University
- Citizens of South Africa
- Belief in the future of your country
- An ambassador of the Foundation’s intended profile (see General Selection Criteria above)
- Studying towards a degree in Commerce, Science (excluding Medicine), Humanities (majoring Politics, Philosophy or Economics), Engineering or Law
- Studying at the following universities WITS, UJ, UCT,NMMU, Rhodes, UWC, Stellenbosch, TSiBA, UFS or UP
- Minimum average of 65% for your 2015 mid-year (June) exam results
- You cannot be older than 22 years of age in the year of your application
How to Apply
- Download and complete an application form
- Submit a hard copy of your application form before or on the closing date to, 46 Hof Street, Oranjezicht, Cape Town or to 8th Floor, Forum Building, Maude Street, Sandton, Johannesburg. Alternatively post it to Allan Gray Orbis Free Post License No. CB11349, Kloof Street, 8008
- No late applications will be accepted.