Salary Level: 07
The appointment requires a three year National Diploma or Degree in Public Administration or any other relevant three year tertiary qualification, enhanced by a minimum of 2-years’ relevant working experience in Secretarial and/or Office Management, preferably in the public sector.
The candidate should demonstrate good organizational, coordination, record management, writing, minute taking, communication, project management and document management skills. The candidate must be highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Email.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Manage all administrative duties for the Director and the Directorate
- Manage the diary, make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Director
- Manag all procurement processes in the Directorate.
- Manage and track incoming and outgoing documents (document management).
- Monitor all MOU’s/MOA spreadsheet and payments (project management)
- Collate all quarterly reports
- Take minutes of the meetings.
- Manage the filing system (electronically and manually).
SANBI offers a salary of R196 278 per annum and additional fringe benefits, which include attractive medical and pension schemes.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A skills test may be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, addresses and telephone numbers and if possible e-mail addresses of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Ethel Mokgoko on 012 843 5214 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Assistant Director – Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 30 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.
APPLICATION LINK: SANParks Vacancies