Gauteng Department of Health Nursing Training Intake for 2017
Applicants are invited to apply to study towards a Diploma in Nursing (Psychiatric, Community and Midwifery) in 2017 at one of the following Gauteng Nursing Collages: Ann Latsky Nursing College, Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College, SG Lourens Nursing College. The reference number for this post is NUR/01/2017.
It the Department’s intention to promote representivity in the Public Service through the appointment of student nurses for the 4 year diploma in Nursing leading to registration as a Nurse (General, Community, Psychiatry) and Midwife (Gov R425).
After completion of the four year basic nursing course, an opportunity exists for qualified nurses to further their education in various specialty areas in nursing e.g. nursing education, nursing management, critical care nursing, trauma and emergency nursing, operating theatre nursing, primary health care, orthopaedic nursing, child nursing etc.
- Must be a South African citizen, 35 years of age or younger who resides in the Gauteng Province
- In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates: A Senior Certificate or a National Senior Certificate
- The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4, Life Sciences Level 4 and an APS of 25
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
NOTE: Pre-Shortlisted Candidates will be required to submit copies of grade 12/ Matric certificate/statement or Grade 11 final report as well as ID copies at the nursing college of their choice.
Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful students in the form of a bursary on an annual basis until completion of the programme.
• Problem-solving ability • Patience • Love of people • Organisational ability • Leadership ability • Flexibility • A sense of humour • Calmness during a crisis • Communication, numeracy and life skills • Computer literacy • Study skills • Honesty • Compassionate and caring individuals who are prepared and willing to work night duty, weekends and public holidays are invited to apply for a limited number of Student Nurse posts.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
- To attend lectures
- To be prepared to work shifts, public holidays weekends and nights in the Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics
All short-listed candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment and following further shortlisting an interview. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical surveillance, including a medical examination and security verification of all documentation.
For any enquiries you may contact the Gauteng Central Selection Centre at 011 644 8946
How to apply
Applications close on 13 May 2016. Click here to submit your online application. You are required to register a profile on the system before you can apply.
If you do not receive feedback within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.