CENFRI are currently recruiting for an intern to take our digital and online communication to the next level.
Please note that candidates can submit applications even if you have missed the deadline.
Such applications will be kept on file and included in the following round of recruitment, as soon as it is scheduled.
Cenfri (The Centre for Financial Regulation & Inclusion) is a think and do tank that bridges the gap between insights and impact in the financial sector.
Based in Cape Town, we are driven by the vision of a world where all people live their financial lives optimally to enhance welfare and grow the economy.
Our core focus is on generating insights that can inform policymakers, market players and donors seeking to unlock development outcomes through inclusive financial services and the financial sector more broadly.
For more information of Cenfri’s current work visit our website: www.cenfri.org
The individual should be passionate about economics and skilled in social media and website management. We are looking for an individual who is interested in applying their creative talents to help us achieve our vision and drive real world impact.
As communication intern you would work closely with the research teams to source material for existing digital platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram); manage the website content; drive new digital channels (e.g. Snapchat, Storify, YouTube); edit video and sound files, update stakeholder databases and track audience engagement via web and social media analytics.
The internship will consist of a two-week trial period, after which a longer-term contract can be negotiated and structured to fit around academic constraints.
- Recent Honours graduate or currently studying towards a honours qualification in Economics, Communications, Journalism or a related field;
- Experience using social media and other digital communication platforms;
- Experience managing content for a website;
- Experience using Google Analytics or equivalent application to monitor and report on website and social media usage;
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications, with expertise in MS Office and MS PowerPoint template management.
- Interested in achieving work experience while studying;
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills with additional languages such as Spanish, French and/or Portuguese an advantage;
- Exposure to – or interest in – development economics or international development is beneficial;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently or with a small team to provide support within and across research projects;
Friday, 29 April 2016, COB