Closing Date – 29 march 2016
Location – Tshepong Hospital + 16 local clinics
Main purpose of the job
To abstract study data from clinical tools in clinics onto clinical research forms and to capture study data of all studies/trials conducted at Tshepong into electronic databases.
Key performance areas
– To meticulously abstract data from clinical tools in clinics onto clinical research forms
– To maintain an accurate log of data abstracted
– Enter study data into the electronic database: REDCap
– Prepare statistical reports of the data entered on a regular basis
– Provide written reports to the study coordinator
– Perform ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Required minimum education and training
– Moderate Computer skills using MS Excel MS Access and MS Word
Required minimum work experience
– At least 1 year’s working experience in using spreadsheet and database software
– The ability to work in a complex and demanding environment
– Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
– At least 1 years’ experience working in clinical trials
– Must possess strong organizational skills
– Must be detail orientated
– Must be able to work as a member of a team
– It is expected that s/he will apply consistent adherence to research and GCP practices.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, clearly state which vacancy you are applying for and forward your detailed CV to: Thulani Shoba at firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 760 5692.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications unsuccessful. In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.