The NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship was established as an investment towards youth empowerment. The purpose of this fund is to avail financial support to youth, primarily in rural areas, with an excellent academic background, to enable them to pursue a quality education in selected institutions of higher learning.
The NYDA is calling South African young people who intend to study at registered Universities and Universities of Technology to apply for the Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund for the 2016 academic year.
For the 2016 Academic year, only public Universities and Universities of Technology will participate. This does NOT include FET and TVET colleges. The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, meals & study books.
The following eligibility criteria will apply:
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the participating universities as a 1st year full time student in the courses listed in the table above
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the participating universities after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens between 14 – 35
- Financial neediness – combined household salary of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas
- Engage in community service
Priority of Study
- Development Studies
- Supply Chain Management
How to apply
Applications for the 2016 academic year are open until 29 January 2016. Click here to apply online
It is the responsibility of the applicant to fully complete the online application form, including submitting all necessary documents which need to accompany the application.
For technical enquiries and assistance on the online application, please call 087 2300 161.